Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Global Switch to Disable Gallery Schedules

When restoring an Alteryx Gallery instance to a second box for test & dev it's highly likely that you don't want all your workflows scheduled from your production instance to run in your secondary instance.

However there doesn't currently seem to be a kill switch that you can implement up front to stop your scheduled workflows from running. The only way to disable scheduled workflows in your test gallery is to manually delete them all, which is annoying when you have hundreds.

It would be great to have a config flag to disable scheduled workflows before the service is started.

13 Comments
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Yes Please

wale_ilori
9 - Comet

I agree fully!!

sgabriel62
7 - Meteor

Catching up on this thread - has this option been considered in current releases?   This is an outstanding application enhancement to pursue and I currently have the need to perform said task.

On the flip side -  is there a mongodb administration command that can perform the same theory to the scheduler table within the database?

raychase
11 - Bolide

This is absolutely needed!

alexcassola
7 - Meteor

Any updates on this topic?

I ( and my colleagues) would like this feature to be implemented on Server as it takes up too much time disabling and re-enabling all scheduled workflow whenever maintenance needs to be carried out, etc.

I've also looked into the MongoDB side of things for a disabling/enabling schedules but wasn't able to find a solution.

@Alteryx : Can the addition of this feature be considered please? :) Thanks.

dwalker3rd
6 - Meteoroid

as an example:  we are experiencing an issue that, once it occurs, requires cleanup of the mongodb and use of the rebuild gallery application (provided by alteryx support).  the rebuild gallery app connects with a controller token.  since our primary node runs the controller, a worker and an instance of the gallery, i am forced to reconfigure the node with the system settings utility to deselect the worker component.  otherwise, all the jobs that have not completed will hit these queues (which you don't want during a rebuild).  seems a trivial thing to add a command line parameter to   alteryxservice start | test | testdebug   to disable/enable the worker (or, perhaps, the gallery).  there's a lot of opportunity to vastly improve the flexibility of the alteryxservice command line options.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Revisit

We are really interested in your idea, however we cannot fit this idea on the near future road map. We’ll keep this idea in mind however and update the status once we’re better able to speak on when and if we can implement it.

brianscott
11 - Bolide

It really does make you wonder if Alteryx is using their own products internally at scale when they see a request like this and then determine it isn't something that can be considered.  Anyways, here is my upvote for this idea. 

alexcassola
7 - Meteor

It was already a tedious task with Alteryx Server v2019.2 to disable tens of schedules, and then go through the same process again to enable them. With the more recent Alteryx Server v2020.2 this task has been made even more tedious. I find it difficult to try to understand why certain changes were made and their benefits to UX in the Gallery.

I would upvote this idea again if I could!

NicolasSz
11 - Bolide

Seems a quite basic features if you want to have a test server... I cant believe it's not already there. 

Thanks for asking it, its a truly needed feature.