Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Get Gallery user name from an app

It would be nice to have an inbuilt function(s) that return an identifier (NTLogin for instance when the gallery is setup with windows auth) of the user running the app on the gallery.

Functions like - USERNAME(), DOMAINNAME() etc., helps.

I know that it can be achieved via the "__cloud:UserId" call , which is not officially supported by alteryx. It adds value if it is inbuilt within the product itself.

Regards,

Sandeep.

8 Comments
autolycus
8 - Asteroid

Does anyone know if this functionality was ever added?

MattB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Hi @autolycus, this functionality has not been added into our product. We would love to see other customers Star this post if they would also like to see the feature. The demand will help the feature request get more visibility and possibly be scheduled earlier into our product roadmap.

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

absolutely this would be helpful - especially if the user ID is the kerberos login ID

Reason that's important is that we can then capture audit-trail details within the job, where we need to do custom logging.   It would be great if this is just available in a variable that we can poll.

A few folks have suggested work-arounds on this thread (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Data-Preparation-Blending/Using-user-login-information-as-a-filter/...) and may be supporters of building this into the core product?

cc; @Ari_Fuller @avinashbonu @Deeksha @rijuthav @raj_k @ydmuley @MarqueeCrew @jdunkerley79 @kane_glendenning @Joe_Lipski @KunalBatra

levell_x_dunn
10 - Fireball

I concur, 

We need more functionality on the gallery for the Private side. 

1. As an App builder: I want the ability to see who is using my app, what are the selecting, and the results. We need to be able to add an audit trail to what is going on in the background

2. As an admin, I need to see the results of the schedule jobs, which ones are failing which ones are taking 20 hours to run.

We need more functionality to see what's going on in the gallery. Right now it's too much of a blackbox

Matt_Brown
5 - Atom

I know this is a somewhat old post, but are there any updates on adding this functionality? I was very surprised to find that it didn't already exist.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Under Review

Updating this idea's status back to Under Review, to be in line with past product updates.

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Not Planned

Thank you for your feedback! 

At this time we are unable to include this idea in our near future roadmap due to competing priorities; as such we're updating it to Not Planned. However, should this change or we become able to return to this idea in the future we'll be sure to update this status. 

esmalley
7 - Meteor

Would love to know if this gets included on roadmap.