Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Gallery bulk selecting and moving workflows to / from a collection

Hi there,

we are in a dynamic team where people move from 1 project to the other that implies moving series of workflows from private studio to collections prior to sharing. I have not found other ways but to do that 1 by 1 with very limited ways to filter the flows.

Could there be, from the collection, a way to 

- increase number of possibilities to filters to find the proper flows (or maybe just simply allow folders in the Private studio)

- be able to multi select the one to add / delete from / to the collection

thanks,

4 Comments
JohnPelletier
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @LHE74, thanks for your feedback. While it is possible to select multiple workflows for removal from a collection, we don't yet have a way to add or move multiple assets from one collection to another. I wonder if you could solve your problem using our new custom server-based user groups. Instead of moving assets from one collection to another, you could keep assets in their own collection, grouped to your preference, and then add or remove users en masse through the use of the new user groups. So instead of moving assets around, you are moving user groups around to match users with their relevant assets. Let me know if that solves your problem.

JohnPelletier
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @LHE74, The other bit of news since I last wrote is that we're working on a new v3 Admin API that will allow you to add multiple workflows quickly from one collection to another. You would need to script it up to match your criteria and use case, but it would give you an easier way to move a fixed set of workflows from collection to collection.

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Not Planned

Thanks for posting to the Alteryx Community. Your idea is interesting, but we have determined that at this time the idea is not something we are planning to do. However, should this change or we become able to return to this idea in the future we'll be sure to update this status.

JohnPelletier
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Just to elaborate on the messaging around this. As I mentioned, there will soon be a way to do bulk adds through a script that leverages a new V3 API that is planned. We don't have plans to put it in the UI for a while though.