Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Embed webpages in Gallery Pages

I was trying to embed the javascript share embed source or an <iframe> tag from our Tableau server into the Pages functionality of Alteryx Gallery Server admin section. What I like to do is be able to show inside the Gallery pages the Gallery Usage and Scheduler setup, usage and results from a Tableau workbook we built of the MongoDB. In this way our Alteryx server users can view their usage and Admins/developers can see what is scheduled and results over time.

In general embedding webpages besides a link as iframe or javascript embedding would be a nice feature. We have an Alteryx Community page internal with various collaterol pages we can embed and share for training purpose directly on the server if that could be enabled.

Currently the BODY element of the editor does not allow for javascript or the <iframe> html tag.

3 Comments
DanH

Great idea! I think this would come in very handy as well. In general, it would be great for the pages to basically support any content and to exist as files instead of Mongo CMS data.

Arnold, I wanted to note an interesting alternative. It is currently possible to render HTML code in the gallery (including the js necessary to render a TWB) by rendering the raw code to PCXML. Take a functional HTML snippet referencing your workbook, wrap it in htmlpassthrough like so:

"<htmlpassthrough><![CDATA["+[Your_HTML_Snippet]+"]]></htmlpassthrough>"

treat as raw PCXML via Report Text tool, and Render to PCXML. When you run your app, the output should then render in the gallery.

I'm not sure that this is explicitly supported, but it currently works.

Community_Admin
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Inactive

Community_Admin
Alteryx
Alteryx

The status of this idea has been changed to 'Inactive'. This status indicates that:

1. The idea has not had activity in the form of likes or comments in over a year.

2. The idea has not reached ten likes.

3. The idea is still in the 'New Idea' status. 

However, this doesn't mean your idea won't be implemented! The Community can still like and comment on this idea. With enough renewed interest, this idea can be brought back into the 'New Idea' status. 

Thank you for contributing to the Alteryx Community and the Alteryx Product Idea Boards!