The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Dark mode | make Server cool

It would be a very pleasing user experience if we could enjoy the Server usage with a true dark mode. The customization in the Theme-Panel isn't advanced enough to do it ourselves - unless we deep dive into the css-files. The CSS already has a good structure and the dark mode could be enable with just a few changes. 

Here is a comparison of my server in light and dark mode.

2020-12-18 02-08-31.png

2020-12-18 02-04-28.png

It's probably noticeable that I haven't studied Design, but it should give a rough suggestion how it could look.

Obviously not everyone wants a dark mode, therefore every user should have toggle in the user settings to switch between light and dark mode.

5 Comments
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for your feedback and idea!

This is a fun idea and good feedback for our UX team on how interested customers are in Dark mode not just in Designer but across the platform. Since this would be a UX change, be sure to share this idea with anyone else you think would be interested as the more interest and feedback we receive on this the better our product team can evaluate the idea as a whole.

Shifty
12 - Quasar

Great shout @grossal - in my humble opinion, Alteryx needs to get onboard with dark mode across Designer & Server.  

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Agreed all the white is not good for my eyes..

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

+1 for this idea and the Designer Dark Mode (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Dark-Mode/idc-p/924811#M16931)

We use a server internally, but avoid dark mode themes because as @grossal mentions, its not for everyone. 

It would be nice to have a user setting for this, and on the Alteryx Community too.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Chrome extension for dark mode gallery here https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alter-Nation/Dark-Mode-for-Alteryx-Community-amp-Gallery-Join-the-D... (work in progress 😅)