Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Configuration to set the Timeout of a manual running job in the server side

Hello,

We would like to have the option to configure the timeout of the manual running jobs, as already exists for the schedule jobs.

Regards

19 Comments
Linas
8 - Asteroid

Would really like to have this implemented!

AmandaH
8 - Asteroid

Any update on implementing this solution? This would be very helpful!

joanatpsantos
7 - Meteor

Not yet @AmandaH. Would be very helpful to have this setting but I am not aware about the development state.

Regards

STP
7 - Meteor

Desperately needed as we segregate our work utilizing worker tags where one of our worker tags has an aggressive time out setting but that doesn't help when it is a manual run that is not subject to timeout.

ajaykotha
5 - Atom

Knowing Alteryx server licensing is CPU based and recommendation is for running Available CPU/2 consecutive jobs this feature is a must have. We'd all appreciate it if Alteryx product team can take a note of this and deliver this feature sooner than later.

Arti2893
6 - Meteoroid

Must have!!

laineayx
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi all!

We are currently looking into this for a near term future release. I would love to get some clarification on the following questions:

1. Is the timeout period of scheduled jobs different from manual jobs? Can you give me some examples of why you might need different settings?
  2. Is this timeout period something that you envision changing frequently? What situation can you think of that would trigger a need to adjust your timeout period? Is this for scheduled as well? or just manual jobs?
  3.  Would you need this timeout period to be set on a workflow by workflow basis? 

We would love to hear your feedback. Please go ahead and comment on here if you have any thoughts.

NicolasSz
11 - Bolide

Hi @laineayx ,

In my opinion and in my context for 1,2,3 this could be great to have but not absolutely needed in the first release. 

I appreciate there might be a need to differentiate timeout for manual job being triggered from the gallery than the one being triggered from the api. (which are considered manual right now and is my main are of concern).

I hope this help,

Regards

Nicolas

laineayx
Alteryx
Alteryx

Thanks @NicolasSz

Just to clarify - are you saying that you would like there to be a different timeout for jobs being ran on gallery vs those that are run via APIs? Or are you saying that a timeout just needs to be added for manual runs in general, because some of those "manual" jobs are triggered via API?