Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Collections Administration

As a server administrator, I would like to have more control over collections.  I have a user who is in charge of a collection out of office, and we have some users who need to get to be added to the collection to run workflows.  As admin of the server, I would like to be able to add users to this collection, modify permissions, modify workflows, etc.  This would be necessary both for when users are temporarily out of the office as well as if someone were to leave the company.

51 Comments
MattB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Accepted

We are rethinking the studio structure with collections and will be giving more flexibility to both users and admins. This includes handling the problem when the collection owner is not available and allowing admins more control over all collections.

adrianloong
11 - Bolide

+1!. Would really love for alteryx to copy the concept of tableau sites and projects 

MattB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @adrianloong, thanks for the +1 and referencing Tableau. We agree that the concept used in Tableau sites and projects would be very helpful. We are considering this for a future release.

I'm referencing your other post here since that is an example use case this would help with.

Chinese Wall Requirements in regulated environments

SH
5 - Atom

+1

When will this be released?  I'm an admin of the server and involved in multiple projects.  Therefore my Private studio consists of workflows that others should not see.  There is no way of me setting up multiple collections across multiple projects without me sharing my private studio and I'm not going to do that as I am only allowed to be part of one Private Studio

It seems counter-intuitive to have a Private Studio that must be shared so that you can share a Collection.  Surely the Collection is to enable the sharing across multiple private studios.

harend
8 - Asteroid

I'm not sure if this could fall under the same suggestion but an admin being able to see the run history of all workflows would be helpful as well. Currently I'm flying blind and can only help users when they reach out to me rather than me being proactive.

rk1993
5 - Atom

I have few questions ,Please provide me the answer for these :-

1) I'm an admin of alteryx server but an artisan created collections in server and now he left the organisation ,is there any way for curator to manage galleries of other artisans

2)If i revoke the permission of user ,what happens with his collection ,is it got deleted .How can i delete the collection of another user with curator access

deepakreddy
7 - Meteor

+1 for this idea.

george_allen
7 - Meteor

+ 1

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

+1 to this idea!

Any update on a release date?

timewaste