Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Black out date/time on scheduler

I have tables that I need to run ETL jobs on every 5 mins. But, a batch job runs every day for an hour at the same hour. During that time I can't query the source.
With the current scheduler setup; it appears that my only option would be set up multiple schedules. Each running once a day, and a separate schedule for every 5 minute increment of the day with the exception of the one hour my source can't be touched.
Rather than that degree of hassle, doesn't it make more sense to set up a scheduled with and/or/not criteria?
Example:
Run every X minutes on Y days
Except: during %t am - %t am on Z days

I've seen some applications that have a visual scheduler for setting the exception times. That would be pretty cool too.
Bonus points if you can make an admin console for the server which allows the admin to set blackout date/time by table or DSN for all users (override their schedules).
16 Comments
Tony_Castillo
9 - Comet

CRON expressions would meet the need for this idea and be a huge upgrade from existing scheduler capabilities: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Ideas/Server-Recurring-Schedule-for-hourly-on-weekda... 

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Accepted

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

HA!  Five years and one job later I'm finally getting that thing I needed back in 2016 😁

SideOfRanch
8 - Asteroid

Do we have an ETA on this?

mkacavas
5 - Atom

Is there an ETA on when this feature will be released?

Brian_Stoffel
8 - Asteroid

Is there any update on this feature? I didn't see anything at the Alteryx Conference last week. Is there anyway to be notified when this feature is implemented?