Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Be able to schedule flows according to how many business days have elapsed

Rather than schedule to put things on the 5th day or the 14th day of a month, we often want to schedule our flows to run on the 5th business day or the 14th business day. I know that the term 'business day' means different things in different parts of the world, but I think it would be a feature that many reporting-oriented departments would enjoy. Let people specify a formula or have a table to go off of for their definition of 'business day' and it should be easy to implement.

I would add a <scheduler> label to this but there isn't one.

4 Comments
The_Dev_Kev_Env
9 - Comet

Definitely a simple addition that I've come across with multiple different clients!

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This does get complex in a multi-region company - for example, if i have offices in India; US and Hong Kong - Is 04th of July a business day or not?    Multi-region companies have an immense problem with holidays vs. business days and market holidays.

Would you be OK with a simplification of this to say something like:

- Every X Days

- include / exclude: Mon; Tue; Wed; Thu; Fri; Sat; Sunday

With this you could cater for countries that treat Friday and Saturday as weekends (largely in the middle east), or countries that work 6 days per week as a norm, or countries that treat Sat/Sunday as the weekend?

The_Dev_Kev_Env
9 - Comet

Agree, I may have over-simpified by this by having classifying this as "simple" but nonetheless that solution you provided would do the trick and give some more flexibility to the scheduler

DavidBehar
5 - Atom

@SeanAdams - I think what you are proposing would assist our use case as well. Want to run a JIRA Sprint Velocity report every two weeks on Monday mornings. Unfortunately the scheduler only allows Weekly or Monthly. I even tried using hourly and putting in 336 hours as the interval but that didn't work as the max is 99 hours. An ability to go every 14 days starting on a Monday should solve my particular use case.