Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Assign schedules to a different user

Currently, this is completely manual with whoever is assuming the schedule creating it under their profile and then the old schedule being deleted.

This can happen often in organization where a user leaves the company or assumes a new role requiring some else to maintain those schedules. It would be convenient if there was an option to reassign the owner of a schedule to simply this process.

5 Comments
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @jrgo  - fully agree that management of "leavers and movers" is critical for an enterprise server.

This is a big part of the administration responsibility on an Alteryx server.

rmc
7 - Meteor

Absolutely agree, recreating schedules manually is a very time consuming and error prone task when several schedules are involved. It should be possible to re-assign schedules to a different owner. 

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Implemented

Hello!

Thank you for your feedback! This functionality was actually included in our newest release of Server, 2020.2, which you can download here! Please let us know what you think in the Server Discussion and Server Idea boards.

jrgo
14 - Magnetar

Hi @KylieF 

Thank you for following up on this idea. I do see that the scheduling UI has been updated, however, I still don't see any option that would allow a Curator to change who owns the schedule. Below is a screenshot of what I see when I edit a schedule from the Admin page. Am I missing something? I am running the latest release of Server, but attached a screenshot just in case. 

jrgo_0-1594731423868.png

jrgo_1-1594731650877.png

Thanks again,

Jimmy

JohnPelletier
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi folks, we've marked this idea as implemented because we can now share schedules within a collection, and that collection can be managed by multiple people. So with a minimum of asset management to make sure you have redundancy of management on all your assets, this need is greatly satisfied.

The best practice would be to make sure your assets (workflows and schedules) are shared into a collection that has multiple folks with Add/Remove/Update permissions on the assets in the collection. You can assign permissions to a user group (AD or Custom), so management can be simple.

So while you won't find a button to re-assign official ownership of a schedule, we believe we've covered this need with the sharing of schedules in collections.

Let me know if you have any concerns.