The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Alteryx Scheduler Hourly Schedule With Intraday Start and End Times

Use case: I need to schedule a workflow to run every 2 hours each day, with the first run at 7am and the last run at 7pm

Current solution: I need to create seven daily schedules for each hour that i need the workflow to run

Idea: Add an intraday "Start Time" and "Stop Time", or "Between" to the "Minutes / Hours" schedule type, so i can create one schedule that meets the use case requirements

Example schedule with new parameters that meets use case requirements:

Start Time = 7:00 AM

Stop Time = 7:00 PM

Repeat Every = 2 hours

Start Time could default to 12:00 AM

Stop Time could default to 11:59 PM

screenshot.png

15 Comments
JohnPelletier
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@dpush thanks for the interesting question...what do you mean by a non-gallery API, and why is that important? What would be different in your vision and how would it help you?

BonusCup
10 - Fireball

@JohnPelletier, is there any update on this?  I'm running into issues with workflows failing during our server maintenance windows.  TIA

JohnPelletier
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@BonusCup I've moved to a new product within Alteryx, and passed the baton for Server PM to @mariah, so we'll have to follow up with her for any updates. 

BonusCup
10 - Fireball

Thanks, @JohnPelletier 

@mariah is there any update on this idea?  TIA

mbaerend
Alteryx
Alteryx

@BonusCup we are actively looking into schedule improvementents like this for 2023, so stay tuned!