Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Alteryx Scheduler Hourly Schedule With Intraday Start and End Times

Use case: I need to schedule a workflow to run every 2 hours each day, with the first run at 7am and the last run at 7pm

Current solution: I need to create seven daily schedules for each hour that i need the workflow to run

Idea: Add an intraday "Start Time" and "Stop Time", or "Between" to the "Minutes / Hours" schedule type, so i can create one schedule that meets the use case requirements

Example schedule with new parameters that meets use case requirements:

Start Time = 7:00 AM

Stop Time = 7:00 PM

Repeat Every = 2 hours

Start Time could default to 12:00 AM

Stop Time could default to 11:59 PM

screenshot.png

15 Comments
JohnPelletier
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@dpush thanks for the interesting question...what do you mean by a non-gallery API, and why is that important? What would be different in your vision and how would it help you?

BonusCup
10 - Fireball

@JohnPelletier, is there any update on this?  I'm running into issues with workflows failing during our server maintenance windows.  TIA

JohnPelletier
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@BonusCup I've moved to a new product within Alteryx, and passed the baton for Server PM to @mariah, so we'll have to follow up with her for any updates. 

BonusCup
10 - Fireball

Thanks, @JohnPelletier 

@mariah is there any update on this idea?  TIA

mbaerend
Alteryx
Alteryx

@BonusCup we are actively looking into schedule improvementents like this for 2023, so stay tuned!