Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Alteryx Gallery "App Store"?

So there are freemium apps in the gallery and

server customers have their own apps published in their private galleries...

What if one want's to sell apps like in iOS app store,

Provide insights from the app as a service either prepetually, annually or monthly so that the locked apps can be used

• on a basis of pay per monthly subscription model or
  • pay per transaction model etc.

possibly payments being handled over Alteryx Public Gallery.

Does the Alteryx roadmap include such a business model in the future?

Best

8 Comments
KoryC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hey @Atabarezz - great feedback! We have considered doing such things and opening up an ecommerce marketplace for workflows, macros and apps, and we see the request becoming more common, so it is definitely on our radar, though no particular timeframe just yet.

If you had to choose one model, subscription- or transaction/run-based, which would work best for what you would like to accomplish? We've also considered providing functionality similar to apps in other marketplaces by offering a free version of a given workflow/app, and a paid version... would that be of interest to you as well?

If others out there in the community have some thoughts on this too, we'd love to hear it! There's some really cool things that could be done here.

TaraM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Comments Requested

Atabarezz
13 - Pulsar

I've some ideas in mind;

• Workflows parsing specific web sites thru alteryx providing price estimation specific to rentals locations
  • Or indexes for 2nd hand auto valuations etc...
  • A website log interpreter for having a scheduled reporting tool, segmenting visitors etc...

I believe these will make good applications for someone to analyze buying habits or

have some feedback from their fitness trackers etc...

Atabarezz
13 - Pulsar

P.s. 

An app that get's your facebook data set (can download from your facebook settings) and provides you credit scoring estimates

- just this brings 100s of millions of people from underbanked (unknown) status to scorable... 

dataMack
12 - Quasar
This is interesting, and perhaps similar to my request here: http://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Product-Ideas/Add-Macros-and-Gallery-within-Designer/idi-p/6... when I was talking about how Sharepoint2013 has an Apps section where you can 1 click to add it, including those that are paid. I've also thought about the 'marketplace model' of the Alteryx gallery, where you could enable those that build macros to earn money by licensing them. I would however, suggest to Alteryx that you keep that more in the long-term ideas bucket and not implement anything like it just yet. Since Alteryx needs to remain growth focused, having an open community where people share ideas and workbooks (following the Tableau model) is going to be much more beneficial long-term for the product. It would potentially be a negative experience for someone to buy a $4-5k piece of software and then see a bunch of additional potential costs to get the macros they are interested in.
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I like the idea, and in principal I'm all for it.

Issues may arise around support, consequent requirements that come with a cost associated.

However, if it's clear what is being purchased I don't see the problem.

Atabarezz
13 - Pulsar

Guys, thanks for the great feedback on the idea so far...

This idea of developing Alteryx based "services" and offering thru the Alteryx ecosystem (the gallery) with acard or paypal subscription has almost become a status quo...

• De Villiers Walton, @daneeldevilliers, created a perfect integration between Alteryx and SAP
  • Grazitti Interactive, @grazitti, created a series of Alteryx Connectors

And these can be licensed separately already...You just cannot pay thru gallery as you do in play-store or iOS appstore

that is the only missing link...

De villiersDe villiers

GrazittiGrazitti

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Comments Requested

Updating this idea's status back to Comments Requested, to be in line with past product updates.