Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Allow user access to API for shared workflows

Currently, in order to run an app via the API, you have to have uploaded the app to your private studio. Frankly, I don't find this function useful because you have to download then re-upload an app in order to gain access to the API. The API would be more useful if when an app is shared with you (or a collection is shared with you), then it would also allow for that app to be run via API by the user it was shared with. Right now, the only person who can run the app via API is the user who originally uploaded said app. 

4 Comments
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I agree that there should be an endpoint where a user can run any workflow that is shared with them.

SKNOWLES
6 - Meteoroid

Agreed. If you can run the module from the interface in the collection, your API key should be able to run it from the collection.

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Totally agree!

Sumpfmaus
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all, I think this idea is already covered by the one in status "coming soon" API endpoint for Collections - Alteryx Community

Whatever soon means :)

Regards

Robert