The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Allow Transfer of Owner from one Workflow to Another by an Admin

I am noticing what I think it's a big gap in terms of turnover and job changes.  Even though you can add workflows to a Collection for development and update purposes. Only the original owner/publisher can see the version history for a workflow. At least that appears to be the case in 2020.1

Is there any discussion for the road map to include a way to transfer the ownership of a workflow from one user to another? this would alleviate the need to publish a brand new version and then reset all the scheduling. 

53 Comments
TheCoffeeDude
11 - Bolide

Alteryx says workflow transfers work great - everywhere inside a lab environment in their offices.

mbaerend
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@aehrenwo I've given an update on the feature above, but I also wanted to note, the owner of a workflow, or someone who has been given edit access from a collection, can make a workflow's version history available to other users by going into the Workflow Settings and selecting "Others can view this workflow's history." I hope that at least helps a little. As I mentioned, this is a high priority feature for us and we know it is a huge pain point, and we are actively working on solutions. Thank you for your patience and feedback. 

vijayalt
6 - Meteoroid

Liking this idea to prioritizing this feature.

aehrenwo
11 - Bolide

I can't believe I still get notifications on this post three years later. :)  I hope I get kudos when this finally goes into a production release lol 

rgoodr2
5 - Atom

@aehrenwo well here's another notification for you as I'm going through the same thing right now and was sent this post. Leaving a company as the owner of over 100 workflows and schedules and having to manually save, re-upload under a different account, but then still keep the old workflows for version history purposes is daunting and my time should be spent elsewhere...Not to mention having to re-create each schedule for those new workflows....

How was this not considered before? At a minimum I would've expected my account reps to mention it when we were setting up Alteryx Server to at least warn us that we should consider using service accounts as workflow/schedule owners.

arunkumark_21
7 - Meteor

I would also love to have this feature!

Attrition rate is always high in tech-world. this will be helpful 

bkclaw113
9 - Comet

For those of you still waiting on Alteryx to impliment this, there is an Application that provides this functionality.

Workflow Admin Manager (WAM) from Capitalize Analytics  gives you the ability to identify all workflows by a number of different criteria including owner and then you can bulk change the ownership of those workflows to a new user. It even now has the ability to move over ownership of schedules as well!

bkclaw113
9 - Comet

Great this has been updated to coming soon, but do not forget Alteryx does have the Workflow Admin Manager (WAM) from Capitalize Analytics available today that can change ownership of workflows in bulk. So when you have a user that changes responsibilities and you need to transfer 40 workflows to a new person, WAM can not only move all 40 workflows in one bulk action but can even transfer ownership of the existing schedules for those workflows. #BusinessContinutiy!!

To find out more about WAM visit https://capitalizeconsulting.com/workflow-admin-manager/

Or reach out to you Alteryx Sales rep.

balajilolla2
9 - Comet
Status changed to: Under Review

mkcompton
6 - Meteoroid

agree, this is a very needed item.  Maybe this has been added, since the last update was in 2022?