Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Allow Inactive User Toggle Option in Gallery User Table/Grid

In prior versions, Gallery Admins could easily and quickly reactivate users that were deactivated (e.g., and employee leaves the company so we inactivate their Gallery account, but then they come back to the company in a few months with the same name and email).  

Now, the only way to do this is to edit the Mongo page.

We need a way via the UI to reactivate users, like we did in the old UI.

I suggest adding an option in the current User List/Grid to be able to filter for Inactive users.

14 Comments
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Great idea!

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for your feedback and idea! 

Our product team greatly appreciates the feedback on how we can streamline our processes for admins when it comes to user management and updates.

Tony_B
5 - Atom

Please enable this. Why would this not be a function in the first place?

Akshu2020
7 - Meteor

Do we have any updates on this? I am facing an issue to reactive the deactivated user, and, I'm not seeing the deactivated users list. Any leads/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

No good way to do this.  The hacky way to do it is to get their Mongo ID (do you have an extract for that already?) and construct the URL.  Let me know if you already have an extract/list of the Mongo User IDs and we'll go from there.  Hopefully they put this ability in a future release.  Give the main post a like - the more likes, the more likely they are to implement new ideas.

Akshu2020
7 - Meteor

My issue has been resolved by using MongoDB to reactive the user. Thanks, @mbarone 

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Very welcome!  Hopefully they add that toggle eventually!

wildflower
8 - Asteroid

We have contractors that leave and return to the company often. Editing a user via our managed MondoDB is very convoluted and may pose potential risks. Please provide this feature on the Gallery UI.

steven-barsalou
8 - Asteroid

I'm also in need of this functionality.  I will take the idea a few steps further.

At a minimum, we need the ability to reactive users for all the reasons already posted above.  I don't want to have to stare at a long list of users who've been deactivated when I'm trying to manage active users, so the deactivated users could reside on a seperate page for deactivated user, from that page you would have the ability to search, select, then activate one or multiple users at a time.

More importantly, the API needs to have this same capability as well.  The easiest implementation is a "reactivate" endpoint.  That would go along with the existing "deactivate" endpoint.  It's a simple, yet effective solution.  

If there was a desire to make user administration easier, you could treat the create user endpoint as an "upsert" and reactivate a user record if there is an attempt to create it via the API.

markashman
8 - Asteroid

I shocked this functionality is not available. You can deactivate a user but once done there is no way to see that user or undo the action - what happens if a user was made inactive by mistake, was temporarily inactive due to long-term absence etc. Knowing how many Inactive users you have but not being able to see them is pointless.