Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Allow In-DB tools to use Shared Gallery Data Connections

The shared data connections from the Gallery have been very helpful in centralizing data connection information between desktop users and their workflows when saved to the Gallery. The In-DB tools currently cannot take advantage of the Gallery Data Connections and require a completely separate setup that is both confusing and adds additional connection management work for creation/password changes. 

It would be a great enhancement to Alteryx if all connections for the different types of tools could be centrally managed from the shared Data Connections manager found in the Gallery.

Best regards,

Ryan

13 Comments
bora_perusic
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @simonaubert_bd  and all on this thread,

I am the PM for the Data Connectors. We are working on bringing all the different connection and alias managers under one roof. We want to start with an MVP dealing with passwords (something like a synchronized Alteryx password manager), but the concept is designed for handling the credentials and connections (borrowing from the DCM (Data Connection Manager) in AAH).

The In-DB connections will be handled inside this new "manager" as well, essentially implementing this idea.

I cannot speak deadlines, but the MVP (passwords) should be quite close. Hopefully, the full solution will then follow in not-so-distant future as well.

Bora

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Hello @bora_perusic 

Great news ! I created a related idea https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Single-password-change-for-everything/idi-p/... on this topic in early 2020, but knowing it's a huge work, I didn't expect a delivery soon. Good to see you're active on it. 🙂

Best regards,

Simon

TimManning0422
5 - Atom

Hi @bora_perusic do you have any update on this idea?