Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Add filters to the Schedules list in the Gallery

The Schedules tab of the Gallery currently lists all schedules, 20 to a page, with no option to filter.  I am currently managing 183 active schedules.  In order to find a single schedule, I have to sort by Workflow name, then page through 10 pages of schedules to find the schedule I'm looking for.

Please add an option to filter this list. 

Ideally, I would like to be able to filter on multiple fields at once (example:  Priority = High, Status = Active, Owner = Bob Smith, Times Run > 20).  Barring that, a simple search option on workflow name, similar to the search option on the Collections tab, would be enough.

11 Comments
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for the idea and feedback!

This is good feedback for our server team to know what sort of quality of life changes would be the most beneficial, and we appreciate the included use case so we can grasp the full extend of the request.

If you haven't yet, be sure to like and check out our Submission Guidelines, which go over the process behind the boards in a bit greater detail.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Yes please. Both the user and the admin page need the ability to search/filter schedules.

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This is very much needed - as would be the ability to quickly get to which schedules keep on failing without having to go through every screen one-by-one.

jmelik
8 - Asteroid

This would be a great feature. It would also be beneficial to have a link to the schedule from the actual workflow in the Gallery. This will make it easier to edit and know if a workflow is already on a schedule.

DanielG
12 - Quasar

PLEASE DO THIS AND A FEW MORE WHICH I WILL ADD TO THE IDEAS PAGE IF THEY DONT EXIST ALREADY!!! 

There are so many bad things about the Schedules page.

• Inability to filter.
  • Inability to properly sort.
  • Inability to navigate in general.
  • Having to make sure you click the schedule hyperlink and not the workflow hyperlink to get to the schedule when the links are identical (besides position on screen).

darryl5280
10 - Fireball

We have 3,867 schedules shown in 194 pages. At my company 3 other co-workers are responsible to find a schedule and modify it but that takes a very very very long time as I must view 194 pages of schedule to find the one, I'm looking for.  And sometimes I can’t find the Schedule.  I don’t think the Schedules list on the Alteryx has ever been upgraded.

Test Case: Find one schedule to modify or delete when there are over 1,000 schedules.

DanielG
12 - Quasar

@darryl5280 -- not that it helps much when you have 4000 workflows, but I found this post helpful for my group and I distributed it to our users to at least get all items into alphabetical order.  https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/Gallery-Schedule-Sorting-not-sorting-...

wildflower
8 - Asteroid

@KylieF - is it possible to progress this "New Idea" to at least Under Review? Unless, is there another idea out there related to search functionality on the Schedules/Jobs pages that's beyond the new status?

wildflower
8 - Asteroid

We just upgraded our UAT to 2022.3.1.450. The schedule results are no longer visible within the Workflow page. The My Jobs and Jobs Shared with Me tabs were removed. If you need to troubleshoot any failed jobs: You have to go into Schedules, scroll through hundreds of objects (we have over 250) to find the one you need and select into the error run. The sort Schedule doesn't alphabetize appropriately, I believe because it goes off a MongoID which resets each time you upgrade Server? So we have pages where the sorting will 'start over'.

I suppose you could add all your schedules to a Collection and search that way..

Alteryx @KylieF  -- Please add a Search bar in the Schedules page on the non-admin gallery! This was added in the Admin view for the latest server release, where job results are not visible. Job results are only visible on non-admin Gallery. Why it wasn't also implemented on regular Gallery is a mystery.

mbaerend
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Coming Soon