Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

users not appearing in gallery

ianjohnston
8 - Asteroid

hi folks

we have two new members of our team who need to use ServerGallery

they went to the url, same as everyone else, but we don't see them as users

(for info the authentication we use "Integrated Windows authentication" so i cant add them as users by hand)

any ideas out there?

thanks ianjonna

7 REPLIES 7
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @ianjohnston ,

Are they able to access and use the Gallery with no issues?

The search function has some issues, so try finding them by navigating through the user page if you haven`t done that yet.

If that is not the case, access the users' page and then check the gallery logs for any issues. Maybe a weird character in their names could make them not appear.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

ianjohnston
8 - Asteroid

hi fernando

thanks for getting back to me

neither of the users could even get as far as their landing page, but this is something i will double-triple check with them after the weekend

also their email address are all "normal" firstname.lastname@ourdomain.com

I will keep you posted when i hear back from them on monday

cheers

ianjonna

@WFMv4 

ianjohnston
8 - Asteroid

good morning @fmvizcaino 

sorry it has been a while for me to update but the users only provided details in the last few days.

i have made a summary of the set up etc, below, and also attached screen grabs of the pop-up messages that they are seeing.

all help is greatly appreciated.

cheers, ianjonna

Right now we have 11 Gallery users, who have registered the “normal” method for the client’s particular set up. The authentication type is “Integrated Windows authentication” which has not changed since installation, several years ago. The default role is Member and the current version is 2023.2.1.7

Recently, we have had 2 users who cannot register themselves as Gallery users via the Gallery URL. They are following the same instructions that everyone else has received. Both users can navigate to the Workspace area of Gallery, but both get a similar kind of problem. Additionally, neither of the 2 users are visible to me in the user list when I log in to the Gallery admin page.  The problems we are seeing are as follows:

User 1 (see User 1 No visibility.jpg)

When this user logs he is unable to see anything other than “No workflow files” in the Workspace area

User 2 (see User 2 Pop-up Message.jpg)

When the user logs in he is presented with the following pop-up message, also in the Workspace area.

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @ianjohnston ,

With Windows Authentication, users are created automatically when they first access the Gallery, so there is definitely something weird going on that is preventing them from getting registered.

It is hard to know what is going on without accessing the server, but here are some things that might be occurring.

1. Users are accessing the server from a different domain. This sometimes happens if the user has more than one account (sometimes because he is an IT admin), and one of these accounts is in a different domain
    1. Alteryx can handle multiple domains but there are configurations that need to be done on the domain side
  2. Ask the users to open the browser in incognito mode, so they can put their users once again
    1. This would guarantee they are using the correct domain but also would remove a common UI issue that used to occur in the past
      1. When Alteryx changed the user interface between versions, some users experienced errors like this: they were unable to see all the gallery pages.

If nothing works, take a look at your MongoDB and see if the users are created there. There is a MongoDB connector available at the downloads portal that you can use for that.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

ianjohnston
8 - Asteroid

Thanks very much Fernando @fmvizcaino 

I will get straight on this when I get back at work in the morning :-)

ianjohnston
8 - Asteroid

i have some feed back for you, Fernando @fmvizcaino 

unfortunately your suggestions haven't worked, 😥, so I have just raised a case with Support.

thanks for responding to me, most appreciated

cheers, 

ianjonna

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Please share the solution when Alteryx Support finds out what is really going on.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino