Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

user/v2/inputfiles - workflow examples

CodyPedersen
6 - Meteoroid

Hey all, I'm looking to see if anyone has example analytic apps for using a file reference ID as described in Gallery API: Inputfiles Endpoint. As someone who is not very familiar with how these temporary files are stored on alteryx servers, anything would be helpful. I've tried a few variations and for each I receive a file not found error. 

Any example workflows, input or direction as to where to look is appreciated.

Thank you

13 REPLIES 13
cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

I found this post which suggests changing the Action tool to update value instead of update input tool - https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Discussions/The-Action-tool-reports-error-that-quot-...

Changing my app this changes the error message to:

cgoodman3_0-1632302593672.png

So I feel like I'm getting a bit closer...

Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com
cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Solved my own problem. With the server update there is also a new v2 end point to execute a job

POST /user/v2/workflows/{appId}/jobs/

I was previously using v1/workflows/{appId}/jobs which meant that the right permissions were not being granted to see the file upload even with using the admin api key.

Chris
cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Does anyone have any examples of making this api request from an Alteryx workflow using the download tool? I can get it to work fine in Postman, but I want to trigger a new job on successful completion of a workflow in Designer, so need it to make the API call.

Chris
JayshriKolte
6 - Meteoroid

@Abdulaziz-Aljandal , user/v2/inputfiles - workflow examples,I am Very new in Alteryx, I am trying to Use user/v2/inputfiles endpoints, But not able to find any reference for how to use it. 

I am using .csv file as input to Analytic app file browse. Also Can you please guide me in Postman how can I set the Post request.

JayshriKolte_0-1652189897366.pngJayshriKolte_1-1652189951192.png