Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

uploading excel output to Sharepoint site

AmruthaPydeti
8 - Asteroid

I am trying to upload an excel file to Sharepoint server using Output Data tool. But I am getting the error as "Cannot access the folder..."  I get the same error from designer and when i open the sharepoint path from Windows explorer and run again in designer it is working. But it doesn't work on the server. Is there a workaround to upload excel files to sharepoint site using Alteryx Server.

4 REPLIES 4
jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Hi @AmruthaPydeti 

You'll need to make sure that the machine your Alteryx Server instance is running on has access to the relevant Sharepoint folder.

AmruthaPydeti
8 - Asteroid

I am running as a different user and that user has access to the sharepoint site.Even I have access to the site and when I open the workflow and run in the designer I get the error as "Cannot access the folder..." and when I open the path in the Windows explorer only then the designer is able to find the path and run it. I have not found that helping for server.

bishtpriyanka
7 - Meteor

Hello,

Were you able to solve this issue?

raychase
11 - Bolide

Make sure your WebClient service is running, and is configured to automatically start up.

Also, be sure to use a full UNC path to reference the file on SharePoint.