Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

unchecking "Allow unregistered users to run Public Gallery workflows" prevents sign in

cwhitecotton
6 - Meteoroid

We're using Alteryx 10.6.  I have two users, both Artisans.  In Gallery System Settings, when I uncheck the box "Allow unregistered users to run Public Gallery workflows", one user is automatically authenticated and is signed in, and the other is not, and receives an authentication error.  When I use Robomongo to look at the AlteryxGallery info, in Users, I see that the two users have some key/value pairs that are different.  They are: 

successful account

Sponsor: NULL

DateUpdated: 2016-08-12 19:33

UserProfile:  (11 fields)

Referral: (4 fields)

Unsuccessful account

Sponsor:  <identifier # here>

DateUpdate:  NULL

UserProfile:  NULL

Referral:  NULL

All other key value pairs are the same.  Any thoughts on what is wrong, and how I can fix it?

1 REPLY 1
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@cwhitecotton The users profile may have become corrupt. Deleting the user profile in the Mongo database in the Windowsidentity, users, and active directory then having them re-add their information will resolve the issue.  Please make sure that you only remove those profiles and no other profiles that you may assume are corrupt as certain profiles are needed for the Gallery to operate properly.