Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

skills required to manage Alteryx Server

LEXQ2005
8 - Asteroid

I’m working in a Corporation with several Alteryx Server support teams for some Lines of Business, but none of the current squad supports my LOB.
I’m an Alteryx Designer user. As a BI person, I have never been a server admin. My LOB has a DevOp team that usually helps my team to get the data from different data sources, and the DevOp has MySQL Databases and develops apps.
In the past months, with several meetings asking for the current Alteryx Server support team to extend their work to include my Alteryx collections, but failed, it seems to ask my LOB DevOp team’s help is the only possible way to go.
I had a meeting with the DevOp team, and they tell me if I need to use the data from some systems within the company, they can help set up the server. But Alteryx is new for them. I'm the first person talking about Alteryx to them.
I'm going to have a second meeting with the DevOp team in a couple of weeks. I'm worried about filling the knowledge gap-I do not know server work, and they do not know Alteryx-and motivate them to provide support.

My question is for the DevOp team with the skills of MySQL database and App development, is it easy for them to be the owner and controller of Alteryx Server?
Any links you can share for how to set up the server? And how Designer user and Server team work together?

I'm also a heavy Tableau Desktop user. I feel it is a pretty smooth and easy onboarding process to use Tableau server, with one small team supports the whole company. I do not know what complexity in Alteryx requires triple supporting team size, while in the meantime, no one covers my LOB.

1 REPLY 1
PhilippK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @LEXQ2005 

please check out those links to get a better feeling for that and let me know whether this helps you:

Server Admin Learning Path

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Learning-Paths/Server-Admin-Learning-Path/ta-p/504737

Server Documentation

https://help.alteryx.com/current/server

Best regards

Phil