Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

setting up Gallery with Alteryx server installed on Amazon Work Spaces

veekay123
7 - Meteor

Hi there

I am trying to set up a gallery wherein anyone within my organization can access gallery with their login credentials from the web. Currently the base address points to localhost/gallery (attached). I saw on a tutorial video that the localhost is relevant only to users should they be accessing the gallery whist on server machine. Now I am trying to set up online private gallery for my organization so that my team could access it via web on their local machines instead of logging onto the server machine (installed on Amazon work spaces)  every time. The current authentication type is integrated windows authentication.  Please let me know the best way to go about it. 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
raychase
11 - Bolide

The users should be able to access the gallery by navigating to:

http(s)://<machine_name>/gallery/

While localhost works while logged in locally to the host machine, your users will need to specify the machine name in the URL to connect remotely.

veekay123
7 - Meteor

thanks for replying

- how would I get the machine name ? The server is installed on a virtual machine (Amazon work spaces)

raychase
11 - Bolide

Assuming you have the ability to log in locally to the VM, you can open cmd and type 'hostname'.