Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

restored on sandbox but cannot access data connections

David-Carnes
12 - Quasar

Hello!
I restored a backup of my production server onto my sandbox server.   Apparently the encryption key   for gallery data connections   wasn't brought over.

I monkeyed around in   RuntimeSettings.xml file but to no avail.   Is there a file or something in the MongoDB that I could change?

This is odd, because in the past, I have  had  the ability to use the  data connectors that  came over with  the backup from  production.

Many thanks!
David

3 REPLIES 3
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @David-Carnes ,

I`m unaware of any specific files or guidelines for this process. Have you performed the complete host recovery process? That is what I usually do when I want to clone the environment. 

https://help.alteryx.com/current/en/server/install/server-host-recovery-guide.html#idp403125

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

David-Carnes
12 - Quasar

@fmvizcaino !
Thank you; this was interesting  reading.
I'll let you know how it goes.

Once again, thank you!

David-Carnes
12 - Quasar

I now have   a  problem in  production in that the Controller Token is 192  characters long.   (64 x  3)  But that is not in the scope of  the problem I  asked for help with.