Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

no table chosen error in alteryx gallery

Zenani
8 - Asteroid

Hi Everyone

I created a workflow that creates a weekly report and outputs it in excel format. I added the file browse and Action tool and uploaded the workflow to our gallery to allow users to select the file and generate the report for themselves. I keep getting the error in my heading "no table chosen error" when i try to run the workflow and select a file in the gallery. Can someone please assist in helping me figure this out. The file name and sheet name are always the same as well as the structure

Zenani_0-1578402022641.png

5 REPLIES 5
JustinBabbitt
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Zenani 

You may ensure that the action tool is configured to meet your needs.  Another idea is to ensure that when you save the app to the Gallery, the placeholder file is either encapsulated or able to be read from a location on the server. 

-jb

Justin Babbitt
Zenani
8 - Asteroid

Hi Justin

please can you provide an example of the following "ensure the placeholder file is either encapsulated or able to be read from a location on the server. "

JustinBabbitt
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Zenani 

Check out this article by @DanM on the topic of Assets and Packaging workflows. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/Assets-and-Packaging-Workflows/ta-p/4...

I've adopted the best practice to create a placeholder .yxdb file for apps that require end-users to provide an input file. The placeholder file contains all the expected columns and their datatypes. Following the Data Input tool, there is a Select tool to make sure no extra columns are passed through the workflow. 

Justin Babbitt
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @Zenani ,

Please set the file input to standard database format with everything unchecked.

After selecting the file, does a new window pop up and lets you specify which sheet you would like to select?

Nos sure but most likely has to do with the file format being xls instead of xlsx.

Regards

Zenani
8 - Asteroid

Hi when i try to select a file a window pops up saying no table chosen

Zenani_0-1578920777367.png

Zenani_0-1578920933392.png