Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

need the FTP Port / Host locations ( ID's / Paths)

ashokkumar1
8 - Asteroid

Hi ,

I request immediate help on the below.

We need to automate reports using Alteryx Workflows, so we need to point Alteryx to go pull the input data.
So we need the FTP Port / Host locations ( ID's / Paths) where we can send R12 reports to link to Alteryx
Also we need help to setup the first FTP report.
See attached example of what we need to input into R12.

Where can we find the FTP Port / Host locations ( ID's / Paths) where we can send R12 reports in Alteryx Server, we have only one server. I attached screen shot as well.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

This may be helpful documentation for accessing files in a FTP/SFTP as part of an Alteryx workflow: http://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/File-Transfer-Protocol-FTP-Download/ta-p/1059...

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @ashokkumar1 

The screenshot that you've attached is from Oracle Reports and is asking for the FTP site where Oracle reports should send the report files.  The FTP server is not something that is built in to Alteryx Server and needs to be configured/set up by your IT department.  Once Oracle Reports is properly configured to write to an FTP site, follow the link that @BrandonB gave to learn how to read from the FTP site.

On another note, one of the tabs in your screen shot is WebDav, which is used to write to a shared drive.  If you have a shared drive that is accessible from both the Oracle Reports server and the Alteryx server, you should use this method, since on the Alteryx side you can read from the shared drive using the Input Tool

Dan

ashokkumar1
8 - Asteroid

Hi @danilang 

Thanks for your response with clarification

The FTP server is not something that is built in to Alteryx Server and needs to be configured/set up by your IT department. 

Based on above your comment I just want to understand here is IT Department in the sense that as Alteryx Server Admin we have to take care this process? I am bit new to this system so I would request your help on the same.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

@ashokkumar1 

If the Oracle Server is on the same network as your Alteryx server, I would suggest that you use the WebDav output to Write the files to a shared drive.  It will be much easier to read them with an Alteryx workflow

Dan

ashokkumar1
8 - Asteroid

Hi @danilang 

Still we are facing the issue to resolve and wanted to to know what is REMOTE DIR in the below my comments. IS this related to Alteryx? Kindly please let me know Thank you