Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

interfacing Alteryx Gallery to a Website and run a workflow and output pdf

mstoler
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

Does Alteryx Gallery have an API that would allow an external website to run a workflow with parameters have the workflow create a pdf that is then displayed on the website.

I want to see if this is possible with Alteryx Gallery.  

Thank You,

Michael

2 REPLIES 2
CrumpN8or
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Michael,

So there isn't an API that will directly create a PDF for you, but there are plenty of APIs that you can use to execute your workflow remotely and query the results! You may have to manually set your workflow to produce a PDF file before you start this process though. Check out the API reference at https://gallery.alteryx.com/api-docs/ .

For example you could write a quick program that makes 3 different API calls. The first is a POST that queues the job up for execution using the appId and returns the specific jobId. Then you can query using that jobId until the server returns that the job has completed running. Lastly, you call a GET with the jobId in order to get the workflow results and display them however you want.

Let me know if this solution will work for you, or if i can provide any further guidance!

Cheers,

Matt Crump

Aimpoint Digital

mstoler
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

Can I test this on the Public Alteryx Gallery?

Michael