Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

how to change input file location for workflow uploaded to gallery

Zenani
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone

I have a workflow that sends out emails to supervisors whose subordinates have outstanding training, i uploaded this workflow to our alteryx gallery, my problem is that the workflow saved the input file to my local machine (C:\Users\zenani\AppData\Local\Temp\Staging\...\_externals) and is using that file whenever i run the workflow. I changed it to a location on one of our networks and selected UNC however every time i run the workflow from the gallery it uses the file in my local machine. Can anyone assist please in how i can make take the file from a specific folder as the file changes weekly but the structure is still the same

Zenani_0-1576131871715.png

1 REPLY 1
WilliamR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Zenani ,

first put your UNC path in the InputData and add a "*" in the name according the change of the name of the file. "*" means any characters in the name like this:

WilliamR_0-1576140482751.png

And save it to the gallery.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.