Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

error message.

Scardax
7 - Meteor

Hello, when I run the workflow, I receive the following message: Record#1: Failed to send to one or more recipients (ToolId: 51).

it is not clear where I can check for this error message description.

I can suppose it is related to the email addresses use as TO in the emails that should generated.

is it a maximum number of email addresses in workflow?

thank you in advance.

P.S. is it a place where all these messages are described? 

5 REPLIES 5
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Scardax ,

Were you able to run the workflow before? Is it sending an email to multiple recipients?

Please share a print screen of the data entering the tool and the mail tool configuration.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Scardax
7 - Meteor

seems that the field "TO" can contain 256 characters max.

that why I have got the error message. 

unfortunately, now I have a big problem, because the "TO" should contain a concatenate emails address with more than 100 email address, so 256 is too little.

with this limitation I can only have 8 or around it.

I'm open for suggestions. :)

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Scardax ,

Instead of including all the e-mails at once, you can have one email per row. Each row entering the email tool means an email sent.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Scardax
7 - Meteor

thank you for for you reply, unfortunately this will be not possible, as I have more 100 email addresses for the TO field, but I need also to have the email addresses in CC, so it means that I will going to send more 100 to the people in CC even if in °TO° it will send just to 1.

the only solution possible was and it is still the concat in TO and the 4-email address in CC, to generate only 1 single email.

Unfortunately, there is such limitation of 256 character.... that have no sense=

Scardax
7 - Meteor

Back to your previous suggestion, do you know how Alteryx behave when in the list we have an email not active?

I have now 15 rows, and I am thinking to send 15 emails, each one for a different person from the list, but I see Alteryx stop after the 4th email, and it could be because I have an email no active in the list.

Record#5: Failed to send to one or more recipients (ToolId: 69)