Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

delete workflow schedule when someone else is the owner

BrettClose
5 - Atom

Good day!

How do you delete a workflow schedule from the gallery when someone else is the owner?

My scenario is an employee has left the company but was the owner of some workflow schedules in the gallery and when I need to delete the schedule from the gallery, not listed as the workflow owner, the workflow will not delete.

We are using Alteryx version 2020.4

Thank you for your help

5 REPLIES 5
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @BrettClose ,

As an admin, you have permission to delete all the schedules from the gallery through the Jobs page.

One other option is for you to add someone else to his studio and enable the shared schedules option. That way, the new user will be able to manage everything inside the studio.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

BrettClose
5 - Atom

Fernando-

Thank you for the response.

I am not an admin on our server but I will get this implemented and try it out. 

Thank you again for this help!

raychase
11 - Bolide

Even with shared schedules enabled, you will not be able to delete schedules owned by others.  It might look like you were successful, but the schedule will re-appear with a page refresh.

The only definitive way to delete schedules owned by others is via the admin > jobs view, or directly within the MongoDB itself.

BrettClose
5 - Atom

This is what I am finding as well. I tried enabling the shared scheduler but that didn't work. Does anyone else have any solutions?

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Thanks for letting me know @raychase.

It should work, and it seems you have found a bug there. 😁

fmvizcaino_1-1636473109669.png

The only available option then is to do it from the jobs page on the admin side.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino