Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Zip Function on the Server

Cferrer6
8 - Asteroid

Hi all, 

I have a workflow where i zip pdf files in a network drive. It works on the designer perfectly but once i upload my workflow to the server it gives me attached error message. Does anyone know if the server allows run commands for zipping?

7 REPLIES 7
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

HEy @Cferrer6 ,

When publishing the workflow to the gallery, you need to leave the bat file unchecked.

This will create a new bat file on the server.

I suspect you could be running a bat file from designer with the wrong script.

fmvizcaino_0-1646870545610.png

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Cferrer6
8 - Asteroid

Hi again, 

Thanks for your help. i can confirm the bat file is unchecked(screen shot attached. I also uploaded my workflow. I tried two scripts in designer and both worked but not in the server only in designer. Any idea why they dont work in the server?

Cferrer6
8 - Asteroid

@fmvizcaino Hi- Please see reply post, i forgot to add your name so you get notice

Cferrer6
8 - Asteroid

@fmvizcaino 

Are you able to take a look at the last inquiry?

darryl5280
10 - Fireball

The Zip Program is not apart of Windows, so you have to have the Zip Program installed on the Server.

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Take a look at what @darryl5280 suggested.

Also, since you are trying to save to a shared folder, the account running the Alteryx Server must have access to that folder.

Try saving a file to that shared folder with a workflow published in the gallery to check if that account has all the permissions needed.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Cferrer6
8 - Asteroid

Thank you. IT is confirmed that the server has access to the network folder but looks like we need Zip Program installed on the Server.