Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Workflows in multiple Collections and version maintenance

abrizgys
5 - Atom

Hi! I'm looking for best practices on using the Gallery, Studios and Collections. 

1) Can you track where you've previously shared a workflow from your Private Studio and out to multiple Collections? How do you know which collections include one of your workflows? 

2) If a workflow is broken or providing incorrect results, how do I take it "offline" for fixing? If it's share in multiple collections, do I have to go to each collection and delete it? Can I unable the run / download for workflows that are in development or being fixed? 

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
EricWe
Alteryx
Alteryx

The Server Usage Report may be helpful. It is available for download at downloads.alteryx.com in the Server tab.

Also, you can connect to the Gallery's Mongo database either using the MongoDB Tools in the Connectors toolbar or Robo 3T, a free application for Mongo administration tasks https://robomongo.org/download.

The database has collections instead of tables. There is an appInfos collection with details about all the workflows in the database, including the revision number. Also, there a collection called collections. Details are available only about the current state of a collection. You search can all collections at once for a workflow name. 

To access the Mongo database, you will first need to open the System Settings on the Server. On the Controller Persistence tab, make a note of the hostname, username, and password. Be sure to use the Password field and not the Admin Password for authentication.

EricWe_0-1581632427605.png

Using Manual Mode in the MongoDB Input Tool, you can select the Scan button to show all columns and add filter criteria, or filter in the workflow.

EricWe_1-1581632427613.png

Robo 3T connection

EricWe_2-1581632427616.png

EricWe_3-1581632427619.png

In Robo 3T, after selecting a collection, put the search term between the find brackets.

EricWe_4-1581632427620.png

Paul_Holden
9 - Comet

FYI I've proposed the following in the Server Ideas, I couldn't seen anything relevant already there.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Ideas/Ability-to-see-which-Collection-s-a-Workflow-i...