Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Workflows Not In Private Studio

durangomac
6 - Meteoroid

I'm getting some strange behavior. 

I just published a workflow to my server. I can from workflow results see that it did make it onto the server. 

durangomac_0-1577221891333.png

I can drill down to see the workflow details ans I can request it to run again, add it to a collection but I can't see it in my Private Studio nor the Collection. 

durangomac_1-1577221975412.png

durangomac_2-1577221995981.png

Any Ideas?

Server 2018.3.5

Designer 2018.3.4

9 REPLIES 9
durangomac
6 - Meteoroid

I found this thread, similar situation but the server name hasn't changed.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Discussions/Cannot-Find-Workflow/td-p/95968

VianneyM
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @durangomac,

a simple question. is your subscription linked with another user subcription?

Question about your Server configuration, where do you have it installed (cloud or on-premise)?

Server version?

I also recommend to have a look into the gallery logs to see what happens when you upload the workflow. 

Gallery Logs (\ProgramData\Alteryx\Gallery\Logs) 

Service Logs (\ProgramData\Alteryx\Service\AlteryxServiceLog.log)  *** Have a look into several .log files. 

Engine Logs (\ProgramData\Alteryx\ErrorLogs) 

Windows Event Viewer Log -> Start > Event Viewer > System 

Best,

Vianney

Best,
Vianney
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

@durangomac 

Try clearing your browsers cache. Shift+F5 or Ctrl+F5 (either work on Chrome) will clear out the active pages cache.

You can also quickly verify if caching is the issue by running your browser in private/incognito mode as this mode does not use any cache.

Reason for this recommendation is that I've seen Gallery show or behave strangely after a Server upgrade, especially if the upgrade included changes to Gallery.

Hope this helps!

Jimmy
Teknion Data Solutions

durangomac
6 - Meteoroid

@jrgo 

I did make sure it wasn't caching. Thanks for the suggestion.

I actually just sent logs using the LumberMill app to support. We'll see what they find.

Mac

durangomac
6 - Meteoroid

The issue was Lucene locks and if you see them also you should contact support to get commands to clear them. Support also had me reindex Gallery Lucene to recover the workflows that were published while the locks were active. 

Appears I'm back to normal, thank you.

Mac

AnilD
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @durangomac ,

We have the exact same issue.

Can you suggest how you cleared the locks and re-index gallery?

I have a case open with support but hoping if I can get a quick solution.

Thanks,

Anil

durangomac
6 - Meteoroid

Sorry not getting back to you. You probably got the queries from support, I said I wouldn't post them because I agree that we don't need to have people just running random queries on their servers to change data.

Mac

AnilD
6 - Meteoroid

I worked with the support and resolved this issue.  I agree that running these queries without experience it risky.

RajeshR281226
5 - Atom

Hi @AnilD What is the resolution given by support team?