Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Workflow truncates table on schedule, runs fine manually (server)

ccagle
9 - Comet

Hey Everyone, 

I seem to have a strange situation I can't figure out. I have a somewhat complex workflow that grabs data from multiple locations, does a lot of transformations, and outputs the data into 2 tsql tables (using delete and append). 

The issue is that when I schedule this job on the server, it runs but truncates the tables, so no data. When I troubleshoot this by running the EXACT same workflow manually (also on the server), it runs totally fine and loads the tables as expected. Note that I've tried multiple schedule times over the course of several days - all end in the same result (truncation). 

Any ideas as to why this is? The scheduled jobs don't look to be returning an error so it's difficult to troubleshoot. 

Thanks in advance 

3 REPLIES 3
Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Without seeing this in action, let's troubleshoot together.

So perhaps what is happening is that everything is actually working fine but when it's scheduled, no records are actually reaching your output? 

Look through the run logs from your scheduling interface in Alteryx Designer. Perhaps you are truncating and nothing is making it to the end.

Report back.

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer
ccagle
9 - Comet

I think it's actually a network issue because depending on the time I schedule the job, it runs. So I'm adjusting the schedule for now, and we'll see how that goes. 

Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

okay please do keep us posted!

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer