Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Workflow runs on Gallery but without output

Marko_Bondaruk
6 - Meteoroid

Dear Alteryx gurus,

I have a created an analytical app, which simply copy all the subfolders and files from one folder to another using PowerShell.exe.
The workflow works properly on local, but when I use it on Gallery, it simply finish very fast with no errors and no output.

Had somebody have similar issue? Or maybe someone can take a look in the workflow itself and find the problem, or just give any other suggestions why can workflow behave like this on Gallery?

2 REPLIES 2
salbol1
8 - Asteroid

I'll ask a dumb one first -- the cmdlets involved are loaded on the server as well? Do you have the capability to run it on the server directly to ensure that isn't an issue. Also, the embedded macros, do they reference directory creation that are for the server itself, and the path creation is on a partition that exists on the server, and either the run-as or your creds have those permissions on the server (root folder has those security permissions in place....just an example, not the path involved)

salbol1_0-1665590091791.png

Marko_Bondaruk
6 - Meteoroid

It will sound odd, but today everything works fine :)
Thank you for your willingness to help.

If you are interested in settings:
1.The cmdlets involved are loaded on the server as well?
Answer: No, they are not, they are stored in temp folder of every user.

2. Also, the embedded macros, do they reference directory creation that are for the server itself, and the path creation is on a partition that exists on the server
Answer: Yes, the file path to archive folder is always the same, therefore app can find a path where to create backup folder.

3. And either the run-as or your creds have those permissions on the server (root folder has those security permissions in place....just an example, not the path involved)
Answer: Yes, it runs with my credentials and I do have access to the folders where the backup files are stored and to the gallery itself.

Hope I understand your questions correctly.