Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Workflow on Secondary Worker

raychase
11 - Bolide

Hello,

I'm curious what would happen to a workflow actively being processed on a secondary worker when the primary node (hosting the Gallery/MongoDB/Worker) is told to stop the AlteryxService (ie. to initiate a MongoDB backup).  I understand the AlteryxService will wait for any instances of AlteryxEngineCmd.exe to complete; however, if these processes are being executed on a separate host machine, what is the behavior?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I only have my own anecdotal experience to speak of (as opposed to the technical aspect behind a controller/worker).  When the Alteryx service on our Controller stops, the service on our secondary worker-only node also stops.

raychase
11 - Bolide

@mbarone thanks for the response.  What's the behavior when you initiate a stoppage of the AlteryxService on the controller while a workflow is actively processing on the worker-only node?  Does it hang at 'stopping' until that job is completed?

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Ah; good question.  Haven't encountered that before.  My guess is that since the Service's job is just to start/stop jobs and apps that it would finish executing.  But don't quote me!