Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Workflow connecting to Presto DB works in Designer, but pulls incomplete data in Gallery

galextny
5 - Atom

I have an odbc connection to a Presto database, using a Teradata Presto driver. I have many workflows that run beautifully in Designer. However, I have noticed that if I publish a workflow to our Gallery, the workflow runs, but the query only picks up about a quarter of the records it should. For example, just counting records from one table gives 501 million in Designer, but only 160 million in the Gallery. Has anyone else ever experienced this? I've heard that Alteryx doesn't "support" Presto.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @galextny 

Are the driver versions exactly the same on your desktop when compared to you server? 

Also are the settings with the ODBC manager the same across the two?

I have seen this be an issue in the past with other databases.

If the above is all in line, could you remote to the server and run it in designer locally and see what the output is then?

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

@galextny Just curious if you were able to get this resolved? If so can you mark this as resolved and share what it was so that others can find it on the community? 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
galextny
5 - Atom
No. It's still a mystery.

--

*Grayson Alexander*

PMTS - Data Management

Network Capital Mgmt Business Intelligence

O 908-559-7466

1 Verizon Way

Basking Ridge, NJ 07920