Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Workflow Performance Profiling - Log Results

stapuff
9 - Comet

I am looking to log the results of a workflow with performance profiling enabled. 

I see the option to manually download it.

I there any options to automate the results to a yxdb or something similar?

Thanks,

Puff

6 REPLIES 6
Radha
6 - Meteoroid

Built in function in formula tool - [Engine.WorkflowFileName] will help you to create a log and then u can write it to Database or wherever needed

stapuff
9 - Comet

I appreciate the response back. I will take a look at it and let know what I find. 

Puff

revathi
8 - Asteroid

@Radha When we used this functionality, it only returns the workflow name provided the workflow is saved. Could you please share a sample workflow/configuration of formula tool - on how  you were able to obtain the Logs from the workflow ? 

c-lopez
Alteryx
Alteryx

Additionally to the answers above you can be a bit more granular with the analysis. If you want to run a thorough summation of your  individual workflows and of server as a whole I recommend the 'Alteryx Usage Report' workflow. This is what the output of it looks like

If you choose Tableau as an output

c-lopez_2-1593204702938.png

or if you choose PDF as an output

c-lopez_3-1593204768870.png

the workflow is available for download on the Alteryx downloads page under Server

c-lopez_1-1593204550118.png

You will need the server MongoDB credentials which can be found on the 'Alteryx System Settings' on the machine which has Server installed

c-lopez_0-1593204400159.png

Once you have this info open the workflow on Designer and enjoy 🙂

c-lopez_4-1593204843842.png

stapuff
9 - Comet

@c-lopez 

My system was set up to use SQLite and not Mongo.

Thanks,

Puff

Gustavoabc
6 - Meteoroid

Hello. good afternoon.

It would be possible to generate a log in the workflow published in the gallery, for performance profiling. I need to identify the time of each workflow process.

Thanks!