Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Workflow Dependencies Questions

Amy18
8 - Asteroid

Hi there,

I try to schedule a workflow in gallery.I am facing some questions around workflow dependencies. I have read online articles. But I did not find the answer. 

1. I connected with SQL Server Bulk using username and password to input data. 

2. I connected with SQL server to save the results into database. 

3. CASS database and TomTom US Map were used in the workflow. I am not sure why the server could not provide the data. 

4. I leveraged Tender Tool and Report Tool to save results into a local folder. It cannot work on the server. 

Can you guys help me with those problems? How can I edit the workflow dependencies to make the workflow run smoothly? 

Thank you. 

Amy

1 REPLY 1
scottj
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

There may be some needed settings on the Server to make this work.  My first suggestion is to use the Database Connections option in the Gallery to create a saved connection to your DB's.  This should fix all of your read/write issues.  See below for other options.

1. I connected with SQL Server Bulk using username and password to input data. 

Try using the Set Workflow Credentials option to force your user name/password.  This option must be turned on in the Gallery.

2. I connected with SQL server to save the results into database. 

Same as above

credentials.png

3. CASS database and TomTom US Map were used in the workflow. I am not sure why the server could not provide the data. 

This data must be installed on the Server as well as your machine.

4. I leveraged Tender Tool and Report Tool to save results into a local folder. It cannot work on the server. 

The Alteryx Server and the machine must have permission to access that local folder.  Make sure is is mapped correctly and use UNC pathing.

Scott Jones
Strategic Sales Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.