Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Worfklow upload to private studio always set to Analytic App

jhernandez
5 - Atom

Hi,

I am trying to upload a worfklow that is in development into my private studio.  I want to upload it as a .yxmd file, but it always defaults to .yxwz.  I've tried numerous things, but I can't seem to change the file type to .yxmd.  Is there some sort of setting that I need to change in order to be able to do this?

Thanks  

3 REPLIES 3
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @jhernandez ,

If you are using an interface tool (most of them) in your workflow, it will be automatically set your workflow to an analytical app. Is that the case?

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

BrianR
Alteryx
Alteryx

To check this prior to uploading to Gallery, in Designer, click the canvas, then in the Workflow Configuration menu, access the Workflow tab. This will tell you what your workflow / analytic application / or macro is set to. As @fmvizcaino mentioned, when you bring certain tools to the canvas, the workflow will automatically switch to different types, Interface tools being the family of tools that change your workflow to an analytic app.

BrianR_0-1587049598532.png

jhernandez
5 - Atom

Yes, there are some interface tools.  Is there no way to save it as yxmd when this is the case?  I want someone to be able to download and make changes to the workflow, if needed.  Thanks