Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Windows Authentication error after upgrade from 2019.3 to 2020.1 version

BharathVJ
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I need urgent support in fixing authentication error in alteryx gallery. I upgraded alteryx server from 2019.3 to 2020.1. After upgrade, when I try to log in to gallery, I received following error. I selected windows integrated authentication in configuration. Can someone please help us to fix this error?

BharathVJ_0-1583887710693.png

32 REPLIES 32
levell_x_dunn
10 - Fireball

This has started ever since Alteryx stopped allowing BETA/UAT testing on the server release.

This needs to change as 2020 format and design to move permissions and authentication wasn't tested in the real world. With different variables.

jsetlik
6 - Meteoroid

We were able to revert back to our 2019.3 database, ran the workaround that tech support sent to fix the windowsIdentity table issue and then successfully upgrade to 2020.1.5

levell_x_dunn
10 - Fireball

@jsetlik what was the workaround?

levell_x_dunn
10 - Fireball

@JamesHa 

Our ticket number is Case #00337797 and we opened it last Wednesday, April 15th.

Any help would be appreciated.

jsetlik
6 - Meteoroid

You need to have at least a backup of the 2019.3 mongoDB that works PRIOR to beginning the upgrade.  With that, there's a table rename fix that you do in mongoDB at the command line and then you can proceed with the update.

I assume that customer support is providing the detailed instructions once you've opened a support ticket with them, so I won't step on their toes by posting it.

joeGade
10 - Fireball

Weare on 2019.4, if we make changes in DB will that work for 2020.1 ? 

JohnPelletier
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Folks, I'm the Product Manager for Alteryx Server. We've identified an issue with the 2020.1.5 release with WinAuth. Please see the attached file below for details. Apologies for the inconvenience! 

lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@JohnPelletier @JamesHa @BharathVJ @joeGade @levell_x_dunn @jsetlik 

Please see the article on how to adjust Alteryx Server 2020.1.5.

Lisa LePome
Principal Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.
hroderick-thr
11 - Bolide

Is a working release available yet? If not, when?  We need to upgrade soon.

JohnPelletier
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@hroderick-thr We have a fix and are testing it now in order to post it as soon as possible. Stay tuned...