Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Why cant connections with the Allow connection for SDK checkbox selected be shared?

collin_marchese
6 - Meteoroid

Why cant Connections with the 'Allow connection for SDK' checkbox selected be shared for collaboration from server to designer?

I need to set up shared data sources and connections for many users of my organization to use but these connections require SDK to be selected since they are to be used with Google tools.

How can I work around this?

1 REPLY 1
collin_marchese
6 - Meteoroid
I have found a work-around to share SDK enabled credentials/data connections outside of using the server. Backup your DCM connections to a password protected yxdc file, and then share that file for users in your org to restore from in their Designers. This can be done in Designer in File>Manage Connections. Backup and restore buttons on the bottom left of the pop-up.

This enables us to all be using the same ConnectionIds which resolves any freezing issues that sometimes occur when another user opens a workflow that has google tools (google analytics 4, google drive input/output) and DCM credentials linked, that was built/originally configured on another users Designer. This is the issue we were having, and the reason for needing to share credentials. Even though we had identical DCM credentials and data connections built in our Designers, alteryx Designer still assigns unique ConnectionIds to each DCM connection. (open up a workflow as a text file and youll be able to find the ConnectionIds.) So when a workflow (which contains one of these google tools) you're trying to open, which was built on another users designer, the workflow will freeze indefinitley because alteryx is looking for that ConnectionId on your machine which does not exists. 

Hope this helps someone.