Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Where do I find the server installation file

outwork
7 - Meteor

I received my alteryx license keys for server as well as designer. I installed the designer on my laptop. For testing purposes I like to install the server on the same laptop. However I cannot find the server installation file anywhere. Under managed licenses in my alteryx designer it says server license is activated but in the "alteryx flexnetoperations portal" I do not see any server.exe files.

Any help is highly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
AmeliaG
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @outwork,

Thanks for your question! Go to downloads.alteryx.com. It may take a moment for the page to load, but you will see something that looks like this: 

downloads.png

Click on the 'Alteryx Server' button. Download the server version which corresponds to your Alteryx Designer version. It is important to keep your versions in sync. 

If the page does not load entirely, please try a different browser. If this does not work, clear your browser cache. 

Best wishes,

Amelia

outwork
7 - Meteor

Hi Amelia, 

thanks for your response. I tried the refresh and cleared  the cache but still do not see this link even though in my designer the server license is activated

no server.PNGlicenses.PNG

andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @outwork,

What was the email (maybe even just the domain) used to purchase the license for Alteryx. I noticed that if the domain/email differs from the one registered with Alteryx it will limit it to Alteryx Designer. 

Ex:

andrew@gmail.com- personal email used to access the Community (Designer Download access only)

andrew@company.com - work email used/registered for the purchase of Alteryx (Designer, Server, and Data Package Download access).

Another quick note. You will want to uninstall your Designer Instance and reinstall Alteryx Server because Alteryx Server actually contains an instance of Designer built in. Then you only need to activate the Server license key. If you have someone else on your team they may be able to trial Alteryx Designer at the same time :) .

outwork
7 - Meteor

Hi @andrewdatakim,

thanks for your reply. Is that so? So I can install the server on my Desktop and use the Designer license on my notebook (basically having two alteryx designer to work with?) Thanks

andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @outwork,

Yes you are correct. You can install the server on your Desktop and Designer on your notebook. I would make sure that notebook meets the recommended specs for Designer (tech specs). This will also give you a more realistic test environment with the two separate instances so you can better understand the relationship.