Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Where are workflows saved on the Server of Gallery?

bsharbo
11 - Bolide

Hello everyone. my company has a gallery set up for our workflows.  I have been told that to export a workflow to our gallery we simply hit File > Save as  > My company's gallery (we have a save as location set up to point to the gallery).

This seems to work, and when I do this the workflow is moved into my "private studio" when we log into our gallery.  I am curious however, where on the physical server does this workflow get saved at?

Aka is it saved in C:\users\AlteryxWorkflow, etc..  I imagine it has to be saved somewhere, however when looking on the actual server machine I can't seem to find any hard-file stored anywhere (i am not sure why).

IF anyone needsd a screenshot of how I am saving my workflow to our specific gallery please let me know! If anyone has a question on why I think this is very important information please let me know :-)

12 REPLIES 12
Nikkath_15
6 - Meteoroid
Thanks Kevin! Above links are very informative.

I authenticated against admin database using admin password in my case both admin and non admin password are same but got an error as access denied. But we have test server there am able to connect to admin database using admin password. In test server admin and non admin password are different.
Nikkath_15
6 - Meteoroid
Thanks Kevin! Above links are very informative.

I authenticated against admin database using admin password in my case both admin and non admin password are same but got an error as access denied. But we have test server there am able to connect to admin database using admin password. In test server admin and non admin password are different.
Nikkath_15
6 - Meteoroid
Kevin correct me if am wrong. Using admin password we can connect to admin database but we can only add users and read the overall database details

Using non admin password we can connect to separate databases like service gallery and also we have access to read / write but we can't perform this action through admin password against whole or separate databases.

For in case if we need to delete gallery database I should use admin/ non admin password?