Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

What is the significance of Artisan Seats and member passes while creating subscriptions

Jithendra
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

What is the significance of Artisan Seats and member passes while creating subscriptions.

SubscriptionQuestion.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
mmenth
11 - Bolide

A subscription is the same thing as a studio. In general, I think most artisans have their own private or shared studios, so you probably won't need artisans to be 'sponsored' through a subscription. However, by adding members to a subscription you are granting viewers more access. You can see that if their status is "Viewer" on creating them, adding them to a paid subscription will change them to a "Member" status. Now they will have the ability to run workflows that are shared with them. The way my company has it set up, they only run workflows through collections-- if that's true for you too, you can now add Member or Artisan users to collections by either name, or by subscription. 

When I set up a new subscription, I usually just set these really high, that way if I want to add more users later I don't have to go in and change the limit:

Capture.PNG

Best,

mmenth

Jithendra
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for the details.