Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

What is the significance of Artisan Seats and member passes while creating subscriptions

Jithendra
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

What is the significance of Artisan Seats and member passes while creating subscriptions.

SubscriptionQuestion.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
mmenth
11 - Bolide

A subscription is the same thing as a studio. In general, I think most artisans have their own private or shared studios, so you probably won't need artisans to be 'sponsored' through a subscription. However, by adding members to a subscription you are granting viewers more access. You can see that if their status is "Viewer" on creating them, adding them to a paid subscription will change them to a "Member" status. Now they will have the ability to run workflows that are shared with them. The way my company has it set up, they only run workflows through collections-- if that's true for you too, you can now add Member or Artisan users to collections by either name, or by subscription. 

When I set up a new subscription, I usually just set these really high, that way if I want to add more users later I don't have to go in and change the limit:

Capture.PNG

Best,

mmenth

Jithendra
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for the details.