Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Waaaaay Different Run Speeds On Desktop Vs Gallery - Anyway To Profile On Gallery

brianscott
11 - Bolide

Hello friends - 

I have a simple enough application that takes about a minute to run on my desktop.  I publish to my server install, which has plenty of juice, and it takes between 3.5 - 5 minutes to run.  It is cheesing me off.  Is there any way to enable remote performance profiling so I can see what the hold up is?  

Thanks!

brian

2 REPLIES 2
StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello @brianscott, have you tried running the workflow in the Designer on the Server? In my experience workflows generally run faster in Gallery due to using enterprise hardware. As usual though, I/O is probably your limiting factor. Is the server further away from your data assets than you are in Designer?

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Principal Customer Support Engineer

brianscott
11 - Bolide

Hi Stephen - 

Just tried it.  Terrible performance when run on Desktop from the server also.  It's weird, there isn't any distance between me and the server room.  It's literally a thirty second walk from my office.  Server is a 4 processor xeon w/32G.   (?)  Seems like it should have plenty of power.  

That all being said, I *can* run performance profiling from this location.  Lemme see how that works out.  (smart)

brian