Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Waaaaay Different Run Speeds On Desktop Vs Gallery - Anyway To Profile On Gallery

brianscott
11 - Bolide

Hello friends - 

I have a simple enough application that takes about a minute to run on my desktop.  I publish to my server install, which has plenty of juice, and it takes between 3.5 - 5 minutes to run.  It is cheesing me off.  Is there any way to enable remote performance profiling so I can see what the hold up is?  

Thanks!

brian

2 REPLIES 2
StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello @brianscott, have you tried running the workflow in the Designer on the Server? In my experience workflows generally run faster in Gallery due to using enterprise hardware. As usual though, I/O is probably your limiting factor. Is the server further away from your data assets than you are in Designer?

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Principal Customer Support Engineer

brianscott
11 - Bolide

Hi Stephen - 

Just tried it.  Terrible performance when run on Desktop from the server also.  It's weird, there isn't any distance between me and the server room.  It's literally a thirty second walk from my office.  Server is a 4 processor xeon w/32G.   (?)  Seems like it should have plenty of power.  

That all being said, I *can* run performance profiling from this location.  Lemme see how that works out.  (smart)

brian