Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Viewing Scheduled Jobs on Gallery

Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hey there everyone! I am currently working with a newer version of Alteryx Server that allows for scheduling of jobs on the gallery. Is there a way to allow users to see jobs scheduled by other users? I would think that someone with Curator access could see all scheduled jobs but that appears to not be the case. Ultimately on this instance I would want everyone with access to see all scheduled jobs.

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer
4 REPLIES 4
DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Treyson There are a couple of ways you can go about it.

1) You can put all the users in the same subscription. 

You will also need to enable Shared Schedules within the Admin settings of your Gallery. The option can be found within the  Subscriptions setting. Once enabled, a new tab will be added to the Workflow results section. Link.

2) You can use the Alteryx Server usage report. This workflow provides user access, content, schedules, and job analysis information about your Server and outputs results via a Tableau workbook, or PDF and Excel files. 

With the Mongo ID/Password, you can generate either a tableau dashboard or PDF of the server metrics that you are interested in. Tableau dashboard is very granular. Link.

Hope this helps. 

Digan
Alteryx
Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

@DiganP Thank you for this. I will get with the team tomorrow and see if this gets us where we want to go! I will return with results.

Treyson Marks
Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

As a follow up @DiganP the shared subscription is the way we went and I have suggested others to go. Are there any notable concerns with this method?

Treyson Marks
kamanivk
8 - Asteroid

@DiganP 

Hi,

With planned removal of subscriptions in upcoming versions, what is the current recommendation for members within our team to view all schedulers created by on the team. 

1. I am looking for an option where a curator would create a scheduler for a workflow in Gallery and other members can see it and its run results in Gallery.

2. A member of the team would create a scheduler for a workflow in Gallery and others can see it. What permissions should be given to that particular member to be able to create a new scheduler for the workflow.

Thank you.

@Treyson FYI